Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Power of Habit

At the Words of Inspiration Blog, we believe that we can be our best and live a lifestyle of health, happiness, and love by the choices we make and the habits we develop and practice.

Practicing healthy habits such as gratitude, hopeful and positive thinking, exercise and good nutrition lead to healthy, happy and successful lives. May these words inspire and motivate you to change some bad habits and develop good habits for life! 


THE POWER OF HABIT
I am your constant companion. I am your greatest helper or your heaviest burden.
I will push you onward or drag you down to failure.
I am completely at your command.
Half the things you do you might as well turn over to me,
And I will be able to do them quickly and correctly.
I am easily managed; you must merely be firm with me.
Show me exactly how you want something done,
And after a few lessons I will do it automatically.
I am the servant of all great individuals
And, alas, of all failures as well.
Those who are great I have made great
Those who are failures I have made failures.
I am not a machine,
Though I work with all the precision of a machine
Plus the intelligence of a human being. You may run me for profit or run me for ruin; It makes no difference to me. Take me, train me, be firm with me, And I will put the world at your feet Be easy with me, and I will destroy you.
Who am I?
I am habit!

~author unknown

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. ~Aristotle


Things do not change. We change. ~Henry David Thoreau


Hard work is a two-way street. You get back exactly what you put in. ~Unknown

We must train from the inside out. Using our strengths to attack and nullify any weaknesses. It’s not about denying a weakness may exist but about denying its right to persist. ~Vince McConnell


For a great resource to help you develop 10 life-changing habits, check out: The Greatest Salesman in the World by Og Mandino


<< Back to Words of Inspiration Home

No comments: