Thursday, May 1, 2008

Be Blessed Today!

The Book of Psalms is one of my favorite books of love, faith, inspiration, and comfort. The Book of Psalms is a collection of songs and prayers. The Psalmists express the full range of human emotion from deep despair to exuberant praise and joy.

As I was reading the Psalms recently, I came across the word blessed. It is the very first word that begins the Book of Psalms, and it means one who is manifestly happy. I was thinking about manifested happiness and what it means. When someone is truly happy, it is evident in a smile, laughter, or simply ones eyes, posture, energy, demeanor. Did you ever notice how beautiful someone looks when he or she is truly happy, hopeful, and contented? Expensive clothing or jewelry cannot adorn a person the way true joy, peace and love can. True joy affects our entire being-body, soul, and spirit.

The Psalms always remind me that no matter what is going on in the world or what I am going through I am truly blessed. I can adorn myself with the garment of praise and gratitude every day. I can let peace rule in my heart. Love can be my motivation and priority. In doing so, I can not help but to be manifestly happy.

Be Blessed Today, Krystal


Realize that true happiness lies within you. Waste no time and effort searching for peace and contentment and joy in the world outside. Remember that there is no happiness in having or in getting, but only in giving. Reach out. Share. Smile. Hug. Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself. ~Og Mandino

For more great quotes on happiness, go to: http://behappy4life.com/happinessquotes.html




No comments: